ORION SOLUTIONS, INC.
Orion Solutions, Inc. (OSI) was incorporated as a holding company in October 1994. On December 19, 2005, it changed its primary business to an IT consultancy services firm which offers business software solutions, IT training and providing temporary manpower to augment the IT requirements of individuals, corporations and institutions.
OSI is the preferred IT Business Partner of POPI and its subsidiaries, composed of highly-trained IT professionals, leveraging on latest IT technology, methodology, vendor partnership and robust IT organization, delivering efficient and cost-effective IT solutions that will support the growth initiatives of the company.
OSI 8 Core Values
- Trusted IT Partner. One-stop-shop IT Solutions Provider, equipped with sufficient IT skills and competencies capable of delivering effective IT solutions.
- Customer Service Focused. Dedicated to satisfy the customer, living up to the commitments given to them.
- Innovative IT Solutions. Always abreast with the latest IT technology, optimizing it to support growth initiatives of the business.
- Integrity. Based on facts, comprehensive, scientific, logical and honest investigation of issues and presentation of solutions.
- Proactive. Taking personal action and accountability in ensuring complete resolution and fulfillment of user requirements.
- Professionalism. Following high IT standards, systematic ways of working and time management; establishing effective customer relations.
- Teamwork. Sharing of ideas and collaboration, putting individual efforts into play to achieve a single goal.
- Loyalty to the Organization. Enjoys work, with a good balance between work and personal life and with the desire to always protect the interest of POPI and all its subsidiaries.
IT Governance Framework
OSI IT Governance Framework has been set by OSI in 2008, as the guiding principle for all the IT initiatives that it pursues. All projects will have to go through a thorough review, evaluation and approval through the Project Portfolio Management process. Development and/or enhancement in line with the various core businesses of the company will be guided by two pillars, namely, (1) Standard System Implementation Methodology; and (2) a set of Standard System and Business Application Software. These core businesses will also ride on the Standard and Centralized Network Infrastructure. OSI will also partner with well-established vendors to support all its IT initiatives.
- Robust IT Organization. Building the OSI IT Organization from ground up; focusing more on business rather than technical; making OSI as central IT office, managing all IT related services and projects.
- Centralized Infrastructure Management. Interconnecting POPI with all its subsidiary offices; administering IT infrastructure from a single point; rehabilitation and consolidation of Data Centre; rehabilitation of network cabling; implementing a robust Disaster Recovery Plan .
- Standard Business Application. Implementing a fully integrated system covering all aspects of business processes (from Point-of-Sales to General Ledger); adopting customized package instead of in-house development; consolidation of sales and financial information.
- Standard System Software. Single set of operating system for servers, workstations and laptops; single set of office productivity tools, messaging and anti-virus; central management and deployment of system software.
- Standard Methodology. System implementation and project management methodology; single set of development tools, language and database management system; project portfolio management; service delivery procedures and Service Level Agreement based on IT Information Library concept; OSI Code of Business Principles.
- Continuous IT Best Practices Awareness Program. IT Tips and Tricks; IT Technology Updates; IT forums and user orientation; semi-annual “IT Week” celebration.